Toni Ransfield is an Award Winning Polymer Clay Artist and an acknowledged pen maker, who was recently accepted into the Pen Makers Guild. Her Polymer Clay art has been seen all over the world through numerous publications originally from the Beautiful Hudson Valley in New York State now residing in New Jersey. She has been working with Clay since the 80's and discovered Polymer Clay in the early 90's. Polymer Clay provides her with the versatility to create a multitude of designs given the vast color palette that the clays offer.
Her inspiration comes from nature and my surroundings. Millefiori, which is an ancient glass technique, meaning "one thousand flowers", is her true passion. Making large canes with a pattern that can be seen throughout the whole cane and then applied in slices to create a beautiful array of patterns in clay.
Toni has studied with some of the most renowned artists in the USA, and lucky enough to have them as personal friends.
Below are some of her polymer clay related accomplishments:
- Featured in Lisa Pavelka's new book "The Complete Book of Polymer Clay" released 2010
- Nails Magazine (Jan 2010) - Fimo Nail Art Competition
- Published in PolymerCafe Magazine 2007, April 2009 and October 2009
- Country Heritage Magazine
- 1000 Jewelry Inspirations by Interweave Press
- Published in Beads Etc. Magazine Issue 20 and Issue 24
- Showcased in The Journal in December, 2004 for my small internet business making polymer clay eggs which sell all over the world. Privately commissioned to create a Giant Golden Emu Egg for Judge Judy
- First Place for IAP's Casing Pen Contest 2010
- Acceptance into the Pen Makers Guild - February 2011
- Featured in "Pen & Pencil Projects" by Walter Hall 2011
- Article written by Kurt Hertzog in Woodturning Magazaine June 2013 Issue #43, The Journey from Penturning to Penmaking,
She also won second place in Bead Arts Award by Bead and Button Magazine, 2007, for Jewelry Design In Beads.
She has also won several other contests as well as teaching classes in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and New Zealand.
To those who have purchased pens crafted by Toni, Thank you and I expect that you will enjoy them as functional pieces of artwork as well as being great conversation pieces for years to come.
Toni takes great pride in her work and each and every piece is unique and one of a kind. It is her hope that you will love her art as much as she loves creating it for you. Should you have ANY questions please feel free to contact me. Toni will be glad to answer your concerns as well as special requests.
You can also see more of her work on her flickr page. http://www.flickr.com/photos/toniransfield/